Monday, May 17, 2010

House Remodel

We have been very busy the last 10 months working on the remodel of the "man cave!" This past weekend, I finally feel as if we are getting somewhere! Jonathan and I have worked on this house every free weekend for the last 10 months. Either the yard, painting, the man cave....always something. But I love knowing that in the end, we will be able to say that we have done it ourselves. And we will get a big return when we do decide to sell.

The people that had the house years ago, filled in the carport to make an extra room. When the girl before us remodeled, she didn't touch this room. Hence, the "man cave!" At first we were going to make a garage and then we decided to not give up that square footage. The room is on its way to becoming our new drop down den. I am posting pics from start to finish so everyone can see our progress. We are very proud! I can't wait until all of our friends and family that haven't seen our house get to come and visit. And for all of you that have to see the finished project!





This was what the house looks like from the front for now. That awful stone will soon be gone!


I guess they decided to quit painting! Isn't this just terrible!

This is the first stone we took out! Actually, I got to demo the first stone!
Jonathan getting started on the top. I was afraid to get the ones on top! Thought they may fall on me!

I started here then let Jonathan take over.

Making progress

We were glad to find that there was a wood frame. We thought before we started getting the stone out that it may have just been one layer. Poor Jonathan and Smiley (Jonathan's stepdad) toted most of the stone. We are keeping to make flowerbeds later. I have A TON of stone piled up now!

Smiley tearing down the chimney!


All gone....
...and boarded up! They fixed the roof where the chimney was too!

A few weeks later, Smiley came back and they tackled another section!

Then last weekend, Jonathan and I started framing up the new interior wall!

We are making the new wall even with the brick wall. Now there will be an overhang on the outside and the whole outside wall will be flush. We are going to do siding where the stone was/is.

Halfway there!

Hopefully, after vacation and the arrival of Rhonda's twins, we will get to spend the summer finishing up the "man cave" project. Then we will start on the privacy fence! Poor Jonathan, I am going to work him to death. I love DIY!

4 comments:

  1. Looking good... Wish I could do something to help.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lookin' good! cannot wait to see the finished pics of it. it will be so rewarding to have completed these projects yourself.

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea!! looks like its coming along nicely!!

    ReplyDelete