Sunday, May 30, 2010

Florida May 2010

Jonathan and I took a WONDERFUL and well deserved vacation to Panama City Beach, Florida! We left on Saturday morning and drove to Foley, AL. For any of you that don't know about Foley, it has the biggest and best outlet mall that I have ever seen! We stop there every year when we are on our way to Florida. So we shopped then spent the night in Foley. Then we got up on Sunday, put on our bathing suits, and headed the 2 hours to PCB. We couldn't check in until later that afternoon so we headed to the beach and hung out under the pier. I have to say that I have the BEST sister and brother-in-law in the world. Thanks to Rhonda and Lee for letting us use your timeshare! It was awesome. Maybe next year we can all go together! I was so worried that Evan and Carley might try to make an early arrival while we were in Florida so I am pleased that they decided to stay put! lol We took lots of pics so here we go......

This was under the pier when we got there on Sunday!

It is a pet friendly part of the beach. This little guy came up to me while I was chillin' under the pier. He is an English Bulldog and was just so sweet. I regretting playing with him later, when I began sneezing. Go figure.

Our resort

The pool (with Tiki Bar) was directly below us. We were on the 19th floor so we had some pretty awesome views. On Sunday night, we were sitting on the balcony about 9 pm and all of the sudden we heard what we thought were cannons. We looked down toward the pier and ended up getting to watch THE BEST fireworks show that we have ever seen. It lasted for a long time and they were huge. It was a great unexpected surprise. We still don't know what they were celebrating but we didn't care!

The view to the right of our balcony. You can see the pier where the fireworks were launched.

The view to the left....ok so notice the black things in the water to the bottom right....

...sting rays!!! They were there all day everyday. This was the biggest school of them that we saw all at once. People would be in the water and the rays would just swim within 5 feet of them. Needless to say, I was always on the lookout for them. Some swimmers would go toward the rays. Dummies! I did however, see 2 jellyfish while I was in the water. Not cool!


Beautiful sunset

We had a great time on the beach. Like the song says, toes in the water, toes in the sand, cold drink in my hand, life is good to me! (or something along those lines anyway!) I couldn't agree more. Here are some pics of our days at the beach.





A nice lady took our picture.





PEACE....

LOVE....

AND CRABS!!! LOL
(some kid caught this crab in the water)

This was our last night in Panama City Beach. We ate at a place that was outside and right on the beach. Notice I am eating crab legs! YUMMY!
(NOTE: The lady behind me in this picture was SO VERY drunk. She had her kid and his friend with her. She ended up getting thrown out of the place. She had on a dress and lets just say that she wasn't worried about being ladylike! I felt really sorry for the kids!)


We had the best time and we can't wait for the next beach trip. If it wasn't for us being so far from family and friends, I would SO transfer to the corp. office and live down there. But I could never be that far away from everyone. Stay tuned for Memorial Day weekend pics on the next post.

2 comments:

  1. So glad y'all had a great vacation! The water and beach look wonderful....and those crablegs, too!!! I'm especially thankful that y'all made it home safely. Looking forward to seeing you both soon.

    Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...I posted a comment but it's gone?

    Glad you had fun. Sure wish we could have gone. Next time we'll have at least 3 kids in tow (wink, wink), so it should be exciting. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete