Saturday, January 12, 2013

Tracy and Jonathan + 1

I know that it has been forever since I blogged.....a year to be exact.....but that is all going to change now.  We are very excited to announce that I am having a baby in August!!!  We are beyond excited.  So now I have to start blogging again so that I can keep up with everything.  I don't want to forget anything about this beautiful experience.  I am not going to say that I will blog weekly but, I am going to try and be pretty regular.  This is not only to keep my friends and family updated of how things are going here at TP's Teepee, but also to remind myself and our "little one" of things along the way.  I still am not very good at figuring out how to maneuver this whole blog thing, but hopefully I will get better and my pictures won't be giant (like the post before).  And I am sorry if this is TMI, I just don't want to forget anything!

Finding Out We Were Expecting
     So, around the 2nd week in December, I noticed my boobs were very sore.  I didn't miss my cycle so, at first, I thought nothing of it.  But, toward the middle of the month, it wasn't getting any better.  In fact, it was getting worse.  I told Jonathan a few times that I should probably go get a pregnancy test just to make sure.  I really didn't think I was pregnant.  After trying for a year and half, I hadn't given up, but I just really didn't think it would happen anytime soon.  On Thursday, December 20th, I woke up with a sore throat.  I decided that I better go to the doctor to get some meds.  But before I went, I thought I better go buy a test just in case.  I didn't want to get anything that would harm the baby if I was pregnant.  So I got ready for work and ran to Wal-Mart to buy the test.  I had already gone to the bathroom so I just stuck it in my purse until I had to go again.  Around mid-morning, I took the test.  Then another.  Both tests turned BRIGHT blue lines immediately!!  I was in shock.  Excited and happy, but shocked.  I couldn't believe that it had finally happened.  I was going to be a Momma.  I immediately got in the car and came home to tell Jonathan.  He was just as excited.  I went to get my blood drawn the same day.  We spent the weekend trying to figure out how we were going to tell our family.  We couldn't wait the 12 weeks that folks say you are supposed to wait.  We were/are too excited.  ;0  After combing the internet and Pinterest, we decided to make Christmas cards for our family to tell them.  Here is the picture we used on the cards:






                    (Keep in mind that I was sick with a head cold and felt just terrible in this pic!)

It was hilarious to see everyone's reaction.  Some laughed and some cried.  It makes my heart smile to see so many people so excited for us.  We really do have the best family and friends in the whole world.  So very blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment