Sunday, August 29, 2010

Root Canal And More Demo

We have had an eventful few days here at the Hardy household. On Friday morning, I got my first root canal. Anyone that knows me well, knows that I absolutely hate to go to the dentist. I think it may be because of all the mouth trauma I had when I was little and in that car accident. Anyway, I went in at 10 and it took 2 hours! I was a nervous wreck. The tooth had been bothering me and when he got in there doing the root canal, he told me that the tooth was dead. He said it didn't bleed and that it was dry. Good thing I went ahead and did it because it would have been worse later if I had waited. I am a titty baby so of course Friday, I took lots of drugs and napped. I couldn't figure out which hurt worse, the tooth that he fixed or my jaws. They make you put this thing in your mouth to keep it open wide. It made my jaws ache and they are still sore. Saturday was SO much better. I even felt like getting out and doing some house demo. Sunday was even better. Overall, it wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be but I still wouldn't want to do it again any time soon. But at least I got to keep my tooth.

Last weekend, Jonathan and I worked inside the "man cave" getting the wall framed up. We got all that done and all we have to do is move the window from the outside wall it is on now to the new wall that Jonathan and I built. We are taking down the existing wall so that the outside of the house will have an overhang. Whoever did the construction of the "man cave" had no idea what they were doing. It is leaking and has been due to the fact that the rain has no where to go except down the wall. We are changing that.

Jonathan cutting plywood to frame up the wall.

The big opening is where the window is going to be moved.

We are going to raise the floor in the "man cave" so that we can put in the heating and air vents. This will still have a few steps but it will step down into a den.

Jonathan hard at work!

Jonathan was on vacation last week so he starting tearing down the the rest of the stone a few days this week. He did a lot considering that he did it all by himself.


I am posting some pics of the stone while still up so those of you that haven't seen the before, can get a good idea of how it looked before we starting tearing it down. Yes, that is stone and then someone painted it. Terrible!! But..... no more stone...... YEA!!!!!


Before.....

Before.....

View from the front...getting there...

Jonathan hammering down the stone.


Getting after it!

My turn!

View from the corner. Where there is boards now, was stone at one point!!

This window will be moved to the new wall we framed up on the inside...

Jonathan cleaning up stone.

DONE!!! This whole section (the width of the porch) will be torn off. We are taking away that little bit of square footage so that we can make an eve so that water will have somewhere to go besides straight down the wall. We will be adding gutters too.

YEA!!!! We are so proud. We have been working on this "man cave" for almost a year. We are saving A TON of money by doing it all ourselves. This next week, Jonathan is going to get the window moved and this outside wall torn down. Then he will hang the plywood to create the eves and then we will be ready to call Will to come up and put up the vinyl siding and gutters. We think that our house is going to look so much better once this gets done! Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment