Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July Weekend

I can't even begin to tell you how excited Jonathan and I were to have a long 3 day weekend!! We wanted to go see The Bramell's in Springdale and also go to the Lovell's annual 4th of July party but couldn't decide. We have been going and doing so much the past few months that we decided that we just wanted to stay home and do nothing. We hated to miss seeing the babies and all our great friends but I will say that we enjoyed not having a "plan" for the weekend.

So I know some people will laugh at me for this part of my post but I can't help it! Jonathan and I have been feeding our birds and just love watching them. I got a few up close pics of the yellow finches! Aren't they so pretty? I also got a few pictures of a beautiful black and blue butterfly that seemed to enjoy my flowers! On Saturday, while Jonathan's ribs were cooking, we finally put up our bird houses. We had a couple of these on the top of the cabinets in our apartment and the others we have picked up on clearance at Hobby Lobby and Garden Ridge. We LOVE how they look on the fence in the backyard. We are planning to make and paint a few with the leftover lumber from building the fence.












Saturday night, Angela, a girl that works for me, brought her kids over to shoot off fireworks and watch the BIG show that Batesville does every year at the river. We just walked across the street from our house and sat on the bluff! Jonathan's best friend Chad and his girlfriend Lauren also came from Wynne to spend the night and hang out. I only got one picture from that night. I was slacking on the picture taking! Oops!

This is Jamie and Ashlyn

On Sunday, Chad, Lauren, Jonathan and I all decided to go down to the river and just hang out and relax. We loaded up our coolers and chairs and drove out on "the sandbar." People in Batesville call it the sandbar but it is really gravel. (We have never gotten why they do that?!) We had a really good time getting some sun and soaking in the cold river water. I did better and took a lot of pics! :)

I had to add this one. This is Mark Martin's house that sits above the White River. It is HUGE! For those of you who don't know, he is a NASCAR driver.

This is the spillway. Usually, the water is rushing over that green hill. In the 4 years that we have lived here, we have never seen the water NOT flow over. Talk about needing some rain!

Chad and Lauren

Jonathan and Chad walking in the freezing cold water!

Double Trouble!!


Silly boys!

Love this!


The guys had fun getting to visit!

I had to post this! Chad didn't bring any shoes to wear at the river and the rocks were killing his feet. I let him borrow my flip flops and they were too big! He looked so funny trying to walk around in them.

On Monday, we just sat around and took naps and rested. It was really nice not to have to work on the house or have somewhere to go. Although now, I am really missing Becca and those babies! We will be making a trip that way very soon! Stay tuned for the next posts which will hopefully include some awesome homemade birdhouses! :)

1 comment:

  1. jaimie can sit and rub his c==k for me while I show him how to make ashlyn feel good, once she drips man juice I will suck his d--k for him

    ReplyDelete