Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend 2010

We had a lot to do around the house since we had been gone all week to Florida. Friday morning we got up and had a few errands to run. We came home and I pushed mowed the WHOLE yard while Jonathan started hauling off some of the smaller pieces of stone from the demo. I had to take a few breaks and when he wasn't back after 3 breaks I began to worry. I was just about to go look for him when he pulls in the driveway. He had had ANOTHER flat tire. He had the first one (same tire) the first weekend in May. So while he went and got it fixed, I finished mowing.

Jonathan wanted to rest on Saturday so I cleared out the dead tulips and went to a local nursery and Home Depot and got some flowers to plant. I worked in the yard all day! I enjoyed it so much and now my flower bed looks so pretty. I had some left over flowers so I went to the dollar store and bought some pots and made mixed arrangements to go on both sides of out front door. Being able to do yard work and flowerbeds is one of the things that I love the most about being homeowners! I can't wait until the man cave gets finished so we can do the front flowerbeds. (Can't plant those until we get gutters and can't get gutters until we get the siding and can't get the siding until we get the man cave done.) Jonathan ended up coming out to help me. We have had a hanging basket on our porch for a while now. We had noticed before vacation that there was a bird flying in and out. Well, we found a nest and 5 little bird eggs! I can't wait to hear babies chirping.



On Sunday, we got up and decided to work on the man cave. Our goal was to get the steps torn down. Mission accomplished! It took us about half the day but it is another small step towards getting the man cave completed. We would have started to work on the outside wall but the chance of rain ruined that.

Then on Monday morning, I was out in the yard picking up sticks and discovered a wonderful surprise. (Not really!) We had sewer water bubbling up out of our front yard! With it being Memorial Day, I wasn't sure if the water department would come out but they did. The guy then proceeded to dig a huge hole. We were leaving and I asked him if he would call and tell us what they end up having to do and he said. "No, if you come back and there is tape and spray paint and flags then you'll just know that we will be back with a backhoe." Well, we came back to tape, spray paint, and flags. So glad I didn't decide to put a flower bed beside that tree! I would have been really mad then! They ended up coming back Wednesday and fixing it. Now we have straw all over that now un-level portion of the yard where our nice level yard used to be. Jonathan is going to get some sod and make it look pretty again. I swear, it is always something! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment