Monday, June 7, 2010

4th Annual Float Trip

This past weekend, we had our 4th Annual Float Trip! Kara, Matt, Leslie, Adam, Melanie, J, and Jonathan and I all go to float the Southfork/Spring River every year. We all stayed at our house the first year and then drove home. We decided after that that we wanted to rent a house and stay all weekend. So for the past 3 years, we have rented the same chalet. It is awesome! It has 4 bedrooms and a wrap around deck with a hot tub! The house is for sale so we are secretly hoping that they don't sale it so we can continue to rent it each year. Jonathan went up early Friday when he got of work and started smoking the ribs! As Leslie said, "They were delish!" We had ribs, corn on the cob, baked beans, rolls, and potato salad. YUMMY! Everyone was so excited to see each other and we had the best time visiting and catching up! We look forward to this every year and I already can't wait until next year.

We usually float in tubes on the Southfork. It is a river off of the Spring River. The Spring is too rough to float in tubes and some of us, ME, don't like to canoe. I may however, get outvoted next year on this one. We will have to see. This year, we floated a different section of the Southfork. Instead of the beginning of the river, we floated the end that flows into the Spring. You could definitely tell where to 2 rivers met. The Spring River was MUCH MUCH colder. Jay and Adam decided to get funyacks (spelling ?) this year. Like a kayak but with you legs outside. They loved them. Some people said they wanted to canoe next year and some want to fuyack so we will have to see. Mel and I both had incidents. She got pulled under in one of the rapids and hit her head and scratched up her leg really bad. I fell AFTER we were done floating, trying to get up the steep incline to our car. Melanie's was worse but I think we both are pretty sore. Go figure....my mom always has called me Grace! lol We went and ate Mexican after the river then came home and took naps to gear up for the rest of the night. The river just drains you.

Another year of great memories! I am so very lucky to have Melanie, Kara and Leslie in my life after all these years. I don't know a lot of people that can say they are still best friends with people they have known since kindergarten. I think we are also so lucky that all our husband's get along so well. I think they enjoy themselves too. We can't wait for Hannah and Jay to move closer so that they can join in on the fun! Hopefully next year, they will be able to make it.

Jonathan showing off his ribs! They were so good!

The boys

The boys being silly

The girls

Adam and Kara

Leslie, Kara, and Melanie

Me, Kara, Leslie, and Mel

Kara and Matt

Jonathan and Melanie

Adam, Leslie, and Matt just hanging out

Kara and Adam

Matt

Adam and Leslie

Jonathan and Matt

Enjoying the Hottub!

Adam and Leslie before we left the house to float

Jonathan and I (not sure why this pic is foggy)

The whole gang.....ready to float!! :)

Leslie and Adam waiting on the rest of us to get in.

Melanie

J and his funyack...cooler attached!

Kara and I (I love this picture!)

Me and my honey

Leslie and Matt enjoying the river


Cowboy Matt

Mel and J

Me, Jonathan, Leslie, and Kara

Leslie and Adam enjoying some leftover ribs after we got off the river.

Matt and Kara

Me, Leslie, Melanie, and Kara after the float and a good nap....round two!! :)

Thanks again everyone for another great year on the river! :) And thanks Kara for the river pics! I stole a few from you! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad y'all had another great time on the river! I love it that all you girls are still so close.....and I know it will be even better when Hannah can join you. We float on the White River every year. I am not a fan of canoes either. They are too easy to tip over and the metal gets hot and they are a general "pain", in my opinion. We have been renting the inflated rafts. They are the BEST! You can walk around in them without any problems 'coz they're not going to turn over. I haven't tubed in quite awhile. It's easier to keep the food and coolers in the rafts. Thanks for posting the pics......I like seeing all of you having a great time. I love y'all!

    ReplyDelete