Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Evan Wyatt and Carley Fran

I woke up Thursday, June 10th at 5:30 a.m. by my phone ringing. I knew as soon as I heard it that it was Rhonda calling me! She told me that she had been in labor since 2:00 a.m. and that they were on the way to the hospital. I jumped up and was ready to go! She told me to wait because the Doctor may try to stop her, but I didn't listen. I got in the shower and started packing. I called my boss and told him I was not going to be at work on Thursday or Friday! Lee called about 6:15 and said the nurse said they weren't going anywhere and we were going to have some babies today! SO SO EXCITED!! I wish you could have seen me running around this house like a crazy woman. HA!

Evan Wyatt arrived at 9:15 and Carley Fran arrived at 9:16. Evan weighed 5 lbs 11 ozs and Carley 5 lbs. 4 ozs. They are both just perfect. Our prayers were answered and neither had to go to the NICU. Rhonda had to be put completely out because her platelet levels were too low.
She did great but it was about 4-5 hours later before she was awake enough to even hold the babies. Big sister Becca was very proud of her new little brother and sister. Once she gets adjusted, I think that she will do even better. Grammy (my Mom) is staying with Rhonda and Lee to help for a week or so. I think they will need that!

I am so lucky to be these sweet babies TP! I can't wait to watch them grow up! I cried when I left because I know when I see them again that they will have grown so much! I have lots and lots of pics.....

Carley's 1st bath! They lowered the lights after this so I didn't get any pics of Evan's first bath or bottle! :(

Carley wide awake! She is so laid back. She didn't mind a bit!

Carley's 1st close up...isn't that just sweet!

Carley's 1st bottle

Lee taking the babies to meet their Momma!

Holding Carley for the 1st time

Precious Evan

Uncle T holding them both! Think he has his hands full?! HA!

Grammy and Evan

Grammy with her new grandbabies!

Rhonda meeting Carley for the 1st time!

Rhonda meeting Evan for the 1st time!

Evan (bottom) and Carley (top)

Evan and Carley

Rhonda eating her first "meal" after she woke up!

Becca walking into the room to meet her new brother and sister

She went straight over to her momma! She has been telling Lee and Rhonda for the past month or so that the boy baby is Daddy's, the girl baby is hers, and that she was Momma's baby! She has it all figured out! LOL

Becca meeting Evan for the first time!

I think she likes him!

Becca holding Carley for the first time!


She is telling everyone that is her baby!

I love this picture! Becca is really checking her out!

SO SWEET!

She is SO proud! She is going to be such a great Big Sister!

Pop holding one of the twins! (Not sure which one because I can't see their face!)

Evan wide awake and checking it all out!


On Friday, Jonathan and I had Becca all day! We had such a good time and she is always such a good girl for us! After we went to the hospital, we went out to eat. She wanted chicken and mashed potatoes! LOL Then we went home and took a nap then went swimming! Becca and Jonathan both had such a good time. Jonathan did flips and tricks off the high dive and Becca just slid down the slide about a hundred time! We only stayed about an hour though because she was ready to see her Nanny and Aunt Nanette who were there seeing the babies! Here are a few pics I got from my cell phone!







2 comments:

  1. i got teary eyed, reading through this and looking at the pics. so special. the birth of babies gets me every time! Becca will be great, she looks so proud! i love how apprehensive she is at first --HEIDI was the exact same way--and DID not like seeing her mommy in that hospital bed!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these pictures on facebook but I wanted to comment on your blog too! The babies are precious!! I know your whole family must be so excited. You look like a proud aunt!

    ReplyDelete