Friday, November 12, 2010

The Last Few Weeks

It has been crazy around here for the past few weeks.

First of all, Bertha (my truck) has been acting up the past 6 weeks. I have already spent $800 on her and she was still acting up. She would never do it when the mechanic drove it. So I took it to a transmission shop today and they guy drove her and he confirmed what I thought....I need a new transmission. I knew this would happen. I just paid her off 8 months ago. BUT, she will survive! 190,000 and going! I would much rather fork out the money to fix Big Bertha than to have another car payment. On the bright side, hopefully this will allow me to drive her for a few more years. I am kind of fond of Big Bertha so that makes me happy. (I know, it's the little things!)

Last weekend I was sick. Didn't do much but just felt terrible. I got some medicine and am feeling much better. I hate being sick, but then again, who doesn't.

On on to bigger news!! We are finally getting somewhere on our "man cave" project! I can't even begin to explain how excited we are. We are so proud to say that we have done this. We still have more to do but Will, a great friend of ours, is coming back next week to finish. I think it looks like a totally different house. He still has to do all the metal and the other end of the peak and all the eves. But I wanted to post in progress....(these are all with my phone)

The front view after day 1

Little wider shot.

End of Day 2
Doesn't it just look so awesome???!!! We are working on ideas to cover up the concrete in front. We are going to move the stairs. All in good time though. But we feel like we have hit a major milestone and we can finally say that we are almost done. We aren't thinking the inside will take too terribly long. At least we hope! We have only been here 16 months so I think we have done a lot! Super Excited!

Street view. Don't mind the mums in the middle of the yard. I thought they might like some sun. They didn't. They are dying. :(

I will post before and after pics when we are done. I can't wait to compare! On another note, I am really missing Bramell Party of Five... :( ...and my besties! I am ready to meet Brody too!

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! Great, actually!!! Can you bust up the concrete and remove it so you can put a flower bed there? That's probably what you'll end up doing with the steps. Are you moving the steps to the middle of the porch? In the front? I can't wait to see what you two do to the inside of the "man cave".... Keep up the good work.....wanna come do some work on mine? It needs some "updates".
    Love y'all!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't tear up all the concrete. We are thinking about putting a small sitting area or deck. Not sure yet. We are moving the steps to the middle eventually. That will have to wait until we can pour a sidewalk.

    ReplyDelete