Sunday, September 22, 2013

Piper's First Few Days Home

We stayed in the hospital until Friday.  We got home Friday afternoon and then Rhonda and Becca got to our house Friday night to meet Piper and help us out.  And oh my are we glad that they came.  The first few days home were tough.  Me and Jonathan were both sleep deprived and  I was still trying to recover from my c section.  Piper was trying to get adjusted to life on the outside.  I absolutely LOVED Becca's face when she first met Piper.  She had the biggest grin on her face.  She was just so excited.  It was very sweet.








The Saturday after we got home, we had a houseful.  Everybody was so excited to meet Piper.  Aunt Nanette, Uncle Dale, Nanny, mom (Grammy), and Aunt Pam all came to visit for the day.  I didn't get a lot of pictures from that day because I was just exhausted.  I am sure that they all got some pictures that I can post later.  Dad came on Sunday to see Piper again and visit with Rhonda and Becca before they left.  




So Sunday afternoon everyone left and we were on our own.  Sunday night was VERY hard!  We were up almost all night.  So Monday afternoon, we called in the backup......Grammy!  My mom got here Monday night and stayed until Thursday and she was a lifesaver!!!!  She took third shift so that I could sleep.  Because I was breastfeeding, I still had to get up to feed but mom would let me go right back to bed while she stayed up with Piper so I could sleep.  I was/am SO thankful.  I was about to lose my mind because I just hadn't slept at all.  

The other thing that I really want to remember about this time was how much Jonathan helped me.  I didn't change my first diaper until Piper was 4 days old.  He waited on me hand and foot. He  helped me go to the bathroom and get around.  He was amazing and I am so thankful for him.  I can't imagine women who don't have a good husband or boyfriend and have to go through all this by themselves.  This whole experience had made me fall in love with my husband all over again......which is crazy because I didn't think I could love him any more.  I am such a lucky girl!



2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that I could help out my baby girl. You were so worn out! I really appreciated the time I had with the 3 of you. It gave me a chance to get to know my newest precious grand. Y'all are already amazing parents. I know it is hard at times, but trust your instincts. And remember that you always have me as your backup!

    Love y'all!
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. those husbands come in handy and you can really tell if you have a winner once you have children. congrats on being a lottery winner too. love!

    ReplyDelete